APO WHANG-OD, BUSCALAN VILLAGE

Have you ever imagined yourself having a body piercing? Or a body tattoo? Honestly, I myself experienced peer pressure during teenage years. I had two more ear piercings which my parents didn't approved, apparently I had to remove it infront of them and so with body art, neither of my siblings nor parents have tattoos. Not even with my partners family side. But, would you believe that I have it now, with me, on my own body. A piece of art orchestrated on my legs. Hmmmmm..

I never forsee myself that one day  I will have a tattoo since it will be a permanent decision, though you can have it removed cosmetically and surgically speaking. Isda and I were already happy having a temporary henna tattoo, until a  friend saw this group which offers a tour package on a budget, hence opportunity grabbed.

The group decided to meet in a foodchain at Farmers  Market  in Cubao at 7pm. We departed by 8pm and arrived at Kalinga by 4am, way to early yet, so we decided to freshen up first and had our breakfast. Afterwich, we drive all the way to the mountains of Kalinga until we reach Buscalan. There we met our tourguide/ owner of the homestay. Believe me, going to the village is no joke. Long walks plus the hiking (descend and ascend) will surely leave your tongue hanging and gasping for air. So, be sure to 1.)wear airy clothes yet gives protection from the sun, grasses and branches as you go along. 2. )Pack light and only the essentials.  3.) Bring enough water for hydration. And lastly, 4. )Take with you some trail snacks like gelatins and candies. Please be vigilant of your own health, be sure to be fit enough before heading there. Well,  I guarantee you guys that if my partner and friend survived the trail, you can do it as well!

As soon as we reached the place, we had our rest and pamper time as we waited for our turn to have our traditional tattoos. Be sure to be there early as the crowd accumulates and Apo gets tired easily. Isda and her friend had their turns, they had their traditional way of tattooing or what they call "BATOK". The use of a bamboo stick with a pomelo thorn on it, dip in an ink and poke  in your skin. (Tip: please buy your own thorn for your own safety and give whang-od a new wet wipes to wipe the smudge.) The tattoo consists of 3 dots, which according to them represents apo whang-od and her 2 grandnieces (Grace and Elyang.)
Isda having her traditional tattoo sesh. 
Bamboo stick with pomelo thorn
         
Do you think I finally did it???? Naaaaaa. Did not have enough courage for that, i just took photos of them. They were disappointed of me, but so much eagerness to push me. Well, eventually I gave in. I had my first-undecided tattoo by one of her granddaughters. Yes, you read it right I had the courage finally! It was a plight decision though.๐Ÿคญ I had my tattoo designed, HAWK/STANDING EAGLE , which means strength, freedom and guidance. For more traditional designs, please see photo below.
Traditional tattoo designs to choose from.
My tattoo




Since the line is piling up and Apo cannot accommodate all to do the tattoo aside from her signature, we asked the coordinators to let the tattooer go to our place. We had our free time after the sessions, buy Kalinga coffee and souveiners, drink their free unli coffee and had our group get together. Then finally, the day ended. The next day, before heading down and due to insistent public group demand I had my whang-od's signature tattoo. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Out of the blue, out of my mind, yes I did it. Regrets? Not really.

Before heading home, our group had a sidetrip to Benguet, to buy pasalubongs and had a glimpse of the famous Rice Terraces of Banaue.

Here are some snippets of our trip:

 


 

If you are interested to go there, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message. My pleasure to help you! Sharing is caring๐Ÿ˜Š Enjoy!

For more updates please visit my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IsDagaa/.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANGEL'S SUNFLOWER FARM (GIRASOLES FARM), CANDELARIA QUEZON

GOSHEN RESORT AND HOTEL

FANTASY WORLD, Batangas